This principal PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF) is for matters of general interest to the patent information users community.
- Use this forum for collaborating and sharing knowledge about developments in patent information from patent information users, patent offices, and patent information vendors. Suitable topics for discussion include indexing and searching techniques, new databases and systems (online or in-house), and developments in existing databases.
- Users must be signed up to the PIUG wiki and logged in to add topics or comments. All users may view content except a few specifically restricted pages.
- Post press release-type information and simple announcements as blog posts rather than PIUG-DF topics. See the PIUG Blog Archives.
- Contribute topics on Job Postings, Situations Wanted, questions to the PIUG Leadership, questions to the Electronic Communications Committee, and Wiki Administration issues to the forums specifically established for those topics.
- Watch the whole PIUG Space via the Eye "Watch this Space" icon on the PIUG Space page above after login to receive full-content email notifications for all new PIUG-DF topics and comments as well as new and edited blog posts, other informative wiki pages and comments on them. All users receive summary "Daily Updates" with links to all new and edited content by default, although this is a setting users may change.
Notice on use of PIUG Name and Logo: No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.