FYI- May be of interest to PIUG memebrs. If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please
Job Title: Intellectual Property Analyst
Requisition Number: 031023231
Job is available in these locations: Richmond, California, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of performance additives for fuels and lubricating oils. We are a global company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Corporation. Our research is focused on developing additives that control oxidation, friction, wear, viscosity, and deposit formation, and combining these in formulations that effectively lubricate a diverse range of equipment, including gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, and hydraulic systems used in automobiles, trucks, ships, trains, tractors, and other equipment.
Chevron Oronite Company is accepting online applications for the position of Intellectual Propery Analyst located in Richmond, CA through May 27, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Overview:
The IP Analyst supports the achievement of incident-free operation in Oronite’s component and product change management processes and improves innovation in the Oronite patenting process. The Analyst has primary responsibility for monitoring competitive patent art relevant to Oronite’s business and works with business, legal and technical personnel to ensure that there is no unacceptable competitive patent risk in commercializing new components, processes and products. The Analyst supports Oronite’s own patenting activities by working with inventors and patent attorneys to define the scope of potential inventions. Depending upon the level of expertise, the Analyst may participate in the drafting and negotiation of technology agreements and review proposed technical publications.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Performing patent Freedom to Operate (FtO) Analyses.
• Enhancing Oronite patenting efforts by performing patentability searches, working with inventors to develop invention disclosures, and working with attorneys to deveop patent strategies.
• Developing arguments for attorneys with respect to patent infringement and validity opinions.
• Supporting internal patent monitoring systems.
• Ph.D. in Chemistry.
• Ability to logically analyze the literal language of patents, understand patent claims, understand contract language, and apply the analysis to proposed products, processes, and the broader business.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with technical, legal and business individuals in a team environment under tight deadlines to meet business goals.
• Ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise, accurate) both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work up to 6 hours/day in a computer based environment and employ computer based tools.
• Ph.D. in Organic or Analytical Chemistry.
• Knowledge of lubricant and fuel additive chemistry and products strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of intellectual property law and/or contract law, to the level of having been involved in the drafting of patent applications or technology agreements.
• Knowledge of lubricant and fuel products.
• Knowledge of computer/database programming.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Doctorate
Education Required Discipline: Chemistry
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.