Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
If you are involved in any patent litigation, whether you are the plaintiff or defendant, you naturally want to know the potential outcome of your case. At this stage, it would be helpful to be able to forecast the outcome of the litigation. Applying Data Analytics to Predict Litigation Outcomes In the last 5 years, Litigation Analytics has gained popularity as a way for law firms and corporations to forecast the outcome of a case.…
PIUG wiki upgrade pending -- the current wiki will be in read-only mode from Friday, July 22 through the weekend
PIUG is pleased to announce transition to a major upgrade to the PIUG wiki. We anticipate that you will find navigation and overall use of the PIUG wiki much easier. The current version will be in read-only mode, allowing no changes to content or user configuration, from Friday, July 22 until the upgrade is completed before the end of the weekend. When the job is done, you will automatically be connected to the new version. Login credentials, including password, should remain unchanged,…
Dear Members, After the exciting addition of 15 additional full-text authorities last quarter (See PatSeer full-text coverage details here ), we are pleased to announce the launch of our new release that has many exciting and much needed capabilities required by patent professionals.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.