Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
Dear Members, We are pleased to announce the launch of ver. 5.0 of Patent iNSIGHT Pro thats been rebuilt on the latest Microsoft .NET framework and further includes inbuilt support to download and analyze full Text data of 15 countries. This has been made possible via API integration with PatSeer and Patent iNSIGHT Pro users can benefit from clean XML data coming from PatSeer. The version also incorporates many suggestions we have received from users over last couple of months.…
Fracking has had an enormous impact on energy production in the US, and could potentially do the same in the rest of the world. Production of shale gas from fracking has increased ten-fold from 0.45 trillion cubic feet [12.6 billion cubic metres] in 2005 up to 7.1 tcf [200 bcm] in 2012, and this is expected to double to around 16.7 tcf [470 bcm] in 2040. Not surprisingly, this has been mirrored by an increase in patent filings that has largely matched this increase.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.