Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
How can you search for patents without keywords? How does Cluster Searching differ from conventional citation searching?
We talk to people all around the world about Cluster Searching, and two of the most commonly asked questions are: How does Cluster Searching differ from conventional citation searching? How can you search for patents without using keywords? We are always happy to answer these questions in person, but we also thought we provide these answers on our website as well - please open the above links for these answers. Both answers come with case studies. As always,…
If you're attending the PIUG 2015 Northeast Conference in New Brunswick, NJ this October 12-14, please be sure to attend a free STN Patent Forum hosted by CAS and FIZ Karlsruhe. Monday, October 12, 20159:00 am - 4:00 pmThe Heldrich Hotel and Conference CenterAmphitheatre Topics will include: What's New on STN?…
PIUG's sister organization, AIIP is looking for presentations for its 2016 conference. Here's their announcement: AIIP Pittsburgh: Partnering for Success The Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) Conference Committee is seeking proposals from PIUG Members who wish to share their expertise at AIIP’s 30th Annual Conference, to be held April 7-10, 2016 at the Omni William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.…
MaxVal’s Litigation Databank to be used by GMU’s Center for Study of Public Choice Los Altos, CA – August 20, 2015 – The MaxVal Group today announces that it is providing detailed case level data from its Patent Litigation Databank to George Mason University’s Center for Study of Public Choice. MaxVal’s comprehensive database contains over 46,000 patent litigation cases from the US District Court, International Trade Commission and US Court of Appeals.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.