Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
As the quantity and value of patent filings, acquisition and litigation increases rapidly, there has been an big increase in the number of specialists offering services around the analysis of patents, including Ambercite. Both the clients and service providers use a number of terms in relation to these services, such as patent landscaping, mapping, searching or portfolio analytics/analysis - and sometimes inconsistently. So what do these different terms mean, in our view?…
ORBIT Beta is available! Discover and find the new, improved and far more efficient features of ORBIT. Go to beta.orbit.com using your existing logon. Would like a demo? Contact help@questel.…
Slide presentations from the two workshops by the USPTO and EPO, which were given on Thursday, May 2, after the PIUG Annual Conference, have been provided by the patent offices and are open to all interested parties to read and share: AIA Workshop by the USPTO: "First Inventor to File Final Rules and Guidelines" CPC Workshop by USPTO and EPO Members-only access to the PIUG 2013 Annual Conference Plenary and Business Meeting presentations is described elsewhere. Tom Wolff,PIUG Wikimaster,…
The two INPADOC files on STN, INPADOCDB and INPAFAMDB, offer a great variety of patent analysis options. While INPADOCDB provides an optimized environment for application-based patent statistics, the patent family database INPAFAMDB supports statistics looking at the number of inventions. This e-Seminar exemplifies techniques to perform statistical analysis in both databases and answers fundamental questions like “which parameters to choose for which patent analysis”.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
If not, the PIUG Admin (wikimaster @ piug.org) may not know you have registered or you may not actually be on the current PIUG membership list. An automatic membership validation process is under development. PIUG members must be sure to use the same email address for their PIUG Wiki and 123SignUp membership registrations. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Membership page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these wiki operations
- Access members-only content including Annual, Boston Biotech, and Northeast Conference proceedings and 2009 Salary Survey.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames; passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Add and edit posts in the Job Postings and Situations Wanted forums
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below and include resources only available via the Members-only Page.
- Discounted registration fees offered to PIUG members for:
- All PIUG Conferences and meetings.
- Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada), Inc. (LES) meetings.
- American Conference Institute’s 6th National Forum on Freedom to Operate.
- ICIC International Conference for the Information Community meetings.
- IPWARE Summit
- Special discounts for participation with the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP).
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information magazine and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst
- Access to previous Annual Conference Proceedings
- Access to the PIUG Online Membership Directory (on the PIUG website)
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archives Access (on the PIUG website)
- Access to all previous PIUG Salary Surveys
- Approval for membership in the PIUG Professional LinkedIn group
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.