Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
Greetings PIUG, It is with great sadness that I share with you that Roger West, who retired from Questel after 25 years of service, passed away at the end of 2015. Roger was with his family in South Africa, and with his partner , Antero, at the time of his passing. Please Note: There were 2 people in the PIUG community named Roger West: One who worked for Dialog some years ago, and one who worked at Questel. A Celebration of Life Service will be held for Roger West, who worked at Questel,…
Join us for the Minesoft Workshop at PIUG Biotech 2016 on Monday February 22, 2016 at 1:00pm. Broaden Your Patent Search Horizons With The Latest Solutions From Minesoft Join this Workshop to explore the latest enhancements to familiar Minesoft products and to discover new additions to the Minesoft product range. We will take a look at recent enhancements to our global patent full text database, PatBase and PatBase Express, including a new Non-Patent Literature search component,…
Patent Searching can be a deceptively difficult, and yet vitally important exercise. There are over 70 million patents out there, and while there are very powerful keyword and classification codes that you use, the results are only as good as: The keywords and classification codes that you search by The keywords and classification codes used by the people who filed or examined the patents you are looking for. No matter how good your choices are, you are also reliant on these other people.…
Business strategist, as they plan a launch of their products will have to advertise their products through videos; will have to describe the features on a public platform. If exclusive rights are sought for the product and its features it becomes essential to at least file for patent right before launch. In order to obtain a patent for a product or an invention, it has to be novel, nonobvious and useful. Novelty criteria to be met,…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.