Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
MaxVal Group, Inc., a leader in Patent Management Solutions and Services has added a new solution, Patent Assignment Tracker, to track USPTO assignments. Patent Assignment Tracker will be available as a part of Max-Insight, a suite of patent life-cycle management tools. Patent Assignment Tracker Within the Max-Insight dashboard, users will now have an option to track when assignments relating to target applications/patents/entities of interest are recorded. Using this solution,…
Join us at the Questel workshop on Sunday May 3rd from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and learn how to: Improve productivity and workflow with the latest version of Orbit.com Meet our Database Guru: Questel Databases Manager, Linda Williams will discuss the structural changes recently brought to FAMPAT, our worldwide family-based collection What’s New: Deliver an overview of Orbit.…
Hi everyone, STN is running the following e-Seminar in April - Exploring Derwent World Patents Index (DWPI) on new STN In this e-Seminar learn about the latest content and feature enhancements for DWPI on the new STN platform. The session will provide expert tips and advice for searchers already familiar with DWPI and the Derwent Chemistry Resource (DCR) on STN, and also a helpful overview of the various features and benefits for those who were completely new to STN. Date: April 30,…
Register for ClearstoneIP's Workshop at PIUG 2015: Leveraging Your Patent Claim Analysis with Clearstone Elements
ClearstoneIP is delighted to be a first-time exhibitor at PIUG's 2015 Annual Conference! If you will be at the conference on Sunday, May 3rd, please register to attend our workshop to learn how to empower your role as a patent analyst with our exciting new platform. Clearstone ElementsTM is an entirely new approach to patent analysis and is the most reliable and efficient way to capture and interact with patent claim analysis. We are changing the paradigm for infringement-related studies,…
Combining more than a decade of patent management experience with an intuitive annuity management engine built from the ground up, MaxVal’s Annuity Payer™ provides a reliable and cost-effective annuity payment and management solution. Los Altos, CA: MaxVal Group, a Silicon Valley based patent portfolio management company introduced Annuity PayerTM Law Firm Edition (www.annuitypayer.com), an annuity payment and management solution by MaxVal.…
If you're attending the PIUG 2015 Annual Conference in Lombard, IL this May 2-7, please be sure to attend a free STN Patent Forum hosted by CAS and FIZ Karlsruhe. Thursday, May 7, 20159:00 am - 3:00 pmThe Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, Lilac A/C Topics will include: What's New? Maximizing the Derwent Value-Added Features on classic STN - A Multi-Database Approach New STN Case Studies Extended Patent Families on STN Lunch will be provided. For details and to register, visit STN Patent Forum.
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.