Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
Hi, Following are the STN e-Seminars for December - Sources and techniques for basic citation searching on STN Familiarize yourself with citation searching on STN! Citation searching becomes more and more important – either if you wish to evaluate an authors impact, observe competitors' citing IP documents, as well as identify key researchers or patents in a specific research field. STN offers a variety of possibilities for citation searching.…
Patent citations can be very useful for searching and assessing patents, but how patent citations are there? There are all together about 82 million unique patents, and 112 million patent citations connecting these patents. Japan is the leading source of patent publications, but the US dominates patent citations. Other major sources of patent citations include Japan, PCT patents, European patents, Germany, UK and France. In the blog found here,…
We are delighted to announce the launch of Relecura Mobile App. Carrying out detailed analytics functions on a mobile platform can be challenging, however, we have endeavored to make this app comprehensive, yet simple. This has been designed for all Intellectual Property professionals, whether they are Researchers, IP Analysts, Patent Attorneys, or leaders seeking business intelligence from patent data. Read a note by our Founder and President, George Koomullil,…
A recent paper on renewable energy patents found a rapidly increasing number of patent filings despite flat or falling public R&D spending - and concluded that the growing demand for renewable energy was driving these patent filings. In other words, demand was a big driver of patent filings. While intuitive in some ways, it is helpful to test this in other fields. And in this blog we have shown this rule appears to apply in the diverse areas of omeprazole (a heartburn drug),…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.