Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
Need help with your STN search strategy? Have a burning MARPAT question? Stop by the STN booth to ask the experts at the PIUG 2014 Annual Conference. Lora Burgess and Jim Brown will be available to work with you during exhibit hours the week of April 27. We look forward to seeing you in Garden Grove, California!
Hi everyone, If you attending the 2014 PIUG Annual Conference, we invite you to attend this STN workshop on April 27th, at 10:30 am PDT. Maximizing the Derwent Value-Added Features on STN – A Multi-Database Approach Thomson Reuters produces many different value-added databases that are available on the STN platform. This workshop will show you how to maneuver between the various databases to get the most out of each database. The presentation will utilize the DGENE, Derwent World Patents Index,…
Specialists who spend a lot of time searching patents, such as patent examiners and professional searchers, would recognize the immediate value of pre-existing search reports. In these cases, a professional such as another patent examiner has carefully reviewed the prior art and identified what the believe to be the most likely prior art. But what if there was a quick simple and productive means of expanding on these search reports?…
If you're attending the PIUG 2014 Annual Conference, please join Rainer Stuike-Prill from STN as he presents: The Next 30 Years: STN Celebrates and Looks to the FutureWednesday, April 30, 201411:45 am – 12:00 pm After the presentation, be sure to stop by the STN booth to help us celebrate 30 years of great partnership with cake and refreshments.
INTELLIXIR Version 9.1: Business Cases for mining Patent and Non-patent literature Are you interested in learning new methods to leverage technical information in order to drive business decision-making and support innovation? Want to know more about blended analysis of patent and non-patent literature on a single web-based solution? Want to learn about the added values INTELLIXIR can bring to your activity? Sign up now for the INTELLIXIR Free Workshop!…
Join us at PIUG 2014 in Orange Country, CA on April 27, Sunday 11am for this free 60 minute workshop that focus on PatSeer’s unique capabilities across search, analysis and collaboration that take your patent research to the next level. Join us to see why at PatSeer we are truly innovating to solve greater challenges faced by patent professionals.…
Join us at PIUG 2014 in Orange Country, CA on April 27, Sunday 10am for this 60 minute free workshop on how Patent iNSIGHT Pro gives you full flexibility when mining through large sets of patents. Patent Professionals can make use of the workshop to understand why the learning curve for Patent iNSIGHT Pro is minimal and how we have combined years of feedback from power-analysts into easy to use and yet powerful tools that help you become an expert user in just 2-3 days of use.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.