Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
II-SDV 2016 in Nice - The International Information Conference on Search, Data Mining and Visualization. Call for Paper and Super Early Bird Registration is Open – Last Reminder
II-SDV 2016 in Nice - The International Information Conference on Search, Data Mining and Visualization. Call for Paper and Super Early Bird Registration is Open – Last Reminder Dear Colleague, I would like to invite you to present a paper during my next conference. Offers of presentations should include an informative title, a short, descriptive abstract as to what will be covered, plus a short biography of the proposed speaker. News of entirely new products,…
Hi everyone, After posting information on the STN e-seminars on the Derwent Markush Resource on STN, I received a few questions. Hopefully this post will answer those questions. The Derwent Markush Resource (STN file name DWPIM) from Thomson Reuters was launched on new STN last week. It is implemented as a structure-based database encompassing around 1.9 million Markush structures from around 780,000 Derwent World Patents Index® (DWPISM) documents. 33 patent issuing authorities are covered. US,…
Part of agency’s ongoing collaborative efforts to enhance patent quality globally November 23, 2015 Press Release 15-21 Washington – The U.S. Department of Commerce’s United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in furtherance of the Global Dossier Initiative launched the first service for Global Dossier - Dossier Access Friday, November 20. Dossier Access is a user-friendly online interface, which will make it easier for patent applicants to quickly and easily view, monitor,…
Hi everyone, In addition to the STN e-Seminars I posted yesterday, STN is also running the following e-Seminars in December – Title: Derwent Markush Resource (DWPIM) now available on new STN! Abstract: In this Thomson Reuters and STN session we’ll show you how to search and evaluate Markush (generic) chemical structures in the DWPIM database on the new STN platform.…
Hi everyone, STN is running the following e-Seminars in December – Title: Unified Markush Search on new STN Abstract: MARPAT® from CAS and Derwent Markush Resource (DWPIM) from Thomson Reuters are now together on a single platform, making new STN the first and only unified Markush solution available. Combined with specific structure search from CAS REGISTRYSM and Derwent Chemistry Resource (DCR), new STN is the best, most complete solution for chemical patent searches.…
MaxVal’s Max-IDS: New Features Make It Easier Than Ever For Your Team To Manage Information Disclosures
Max-IDS is MaxVal’s cloud-based, hosted, Information Disclosure/Reference Management solution. Max-IDS is much more than a form generator. Max-IDS stores your references in a centralized database together with information about the cases citing each reference. This promotes consistency, reduces confusion and makes ad-hoc solutions (such as individual spreadsheets) unnecessary. MaxVal is constantly looking for ways to improve Max-IDS.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.