Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
If you’re attending the PIUG 2014 Northeast Conference in New Brunswick, NJ this September 29 – October 1, please be sure to attend a free STN Patent Forum hosted by CAS and FIZ Karlsruhe. Monday, September 29, 20149:00 am - 3:00 pmThe Heldrich Hotel and Conference CenterNew Brunswick, NJ Topics will include: What’s New? Asian Patent Publications on STN – A Case Study New STN Case Studies Search Strategies at the Interface of Chemistry and Biology: Immunoconjugates Lunch will be provided.…
Initially, it is said that flags were used to assist military co-ordination on battlefields and since then flags have evolved into general tool for identification and signalling. This week we decided to investigate some of the interesting flags designs that way backs into late 1800s. See such a unique collection here: http://goo.gl/ehy7zB Thanks, Harit Mohan Signicent LLP
PIUG 2014 Northeast ConferenceMonday, September 29 to Wednesday, October 1, 2014 The Heldrich Hotel10 Livingston AvenueNew Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901 The PIUG Northeast Conference overview and final program is live! Go to the Northeast Conference webpage to register NOW for discounted Early Bird rates which end September 6, 2014. Hurry and book your hotel room as the conference rate of $169/night expires September 7, 2014! Join us for an informative day and networking opportunity!
I uploaded the slides for my presentation to http://www.slideshare.net/AlanEngel/paterra-2014-piac-presentation . (I think they are in Chinese.) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Minesoft at the PIUG Northeast Conference, Sep 29 to Oct 1 in New Brunswick, NJ http://www.piug.org/ne14meeting/. Visit our booth to register for a free giveaway and learn more about Minesoft. Make sure to come to our Workshop on Oct 1 at 10.30am and learn all about the latest enhancements to Minesoft’s patent information solutions – preview the sophisticated new PatBase Analytics module,…
The US based National Security Agency (NSA) has been in the news a lot recently due to its activities, which include the collection and analysis of telephone and internet records. While the exact nature of this analysis is both confidential and controversial, it is thought to include analysis of websites visited, and links between people as expressed via email and message traffic, and calls made. This type of analysis is often referred to as 'metadata' analysis,…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.