Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
In world fastest growing IP industry, to make effective patent searching, every patent searcher must know the crucial language based challenges and due to complex, rich and inconsistent nature with a huge vocabulary and numerous synonyms make English language more problematic. Some major challenges of English language need to consider when performing searching are Terminology: Inconsistency in terminology as either dictionary synonyms was used,…
Citations represent added value from the patent office which we can use to help formulate better patent searches. Importantly, citations provide a language-independent search tool. This is of increasing importance in our global economy where applications are published around the world in many different languages.…
In recent time, to make effective search strategies for searching patent literature, every searcher must know about few basic challenges of patent searching. Time :- This is a very critical parameter irrelevant of any type of patent search (whether you are searching for Patentability / Novelty, Freedom-to-Operate, Invalidation, etc),…
One of the key features of BizInt Smart Charts for Patents version 4.0 is support for the new STN platform. There are two opportunities coming up to learn more about how to use BizInt Smart Charts with search results from new STN. At the STN Patent Forum in New Brunswick, NJ on Monday 12 October 2015, John Willmore will present a session from 3 - 4pm.…
If you're attending the PIUG 2015 Northeast Conference in New Brunswick, NJ this October 12-14, please be sure to attend a free STN Patent Forum hosted by CAS and FIZ Karlsruhe. Monday, October 12, 20159:00 am - 4:00 pmThe Heldrich Hotel and Conference CenterAmphitheatre Topics will include: What's New on STN?…
Only three weeks to go until the start of the ICIC meeting in Nice – The Final Programme is attached
Dear Information Specialist There are only three weeks to go until the start of the ICIC - The International Conference for the Information Community. The meeting is filling fast, so if you intend to come, please get your booking in as soon as possible: http://haxel.com/icic/2015/registration When you attend the ICIC you will meet colleagues from following companies and organizations: http://haxel.com/icic/2015/attendees Please find attached the final programme. If you have already booked,…
“An Unusual Leader in Virtual Reality” – a case study of conducting patent searches for market intelligence
The Facebook’s $2 billion acquisition of Oculus about 18 months ago is an example of how hot the Virtual Reality field is. To understand the VR market better, I decided to run a quick patent search related to Virtual Reality Headset on the USPTO site with Petapator There are 35 patents under TTL/”Virtual Reality” and Headset. With no surprise, Oculus VR Inc. is one of the Assignees (US D701,206). While I was browsing through the list of patents,…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.