Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
Recent PIUG Blog Posts
In Honor of Halloween, 10 Gruesome Medical Devices, courtesy of QMED. As Halloween approaches, the following gallery of gruesome medical devices from the past makes for some scary viewing: http://www.qmed.com/mpmn/gallery/10-gruesome-medical-devices-yesteryear?cid=nl.qmed02.20141028 Just one word for you - - Gnathograph.
Hi everyone, STN is running the following e-Seminars in November - Derwent Patents Citation Index (DPCI) on STN In this joint Thomson Reuters and STN session learn how to take advantage of the work carried out by patent examiners and/or assignees to identify relevant documents to a patent application to enhance your searches.…
Halloween also known as Allhalloween is round the corner (31st October, 2014). The event initiates the triduum of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed believers (Wikipedia). This week enjoy a slideshow on craziest and scariest “Halloween design patents.” http://goo.gl/YVohfN Harit Mohan Signicent LLP
By now many of you will be familiar with our patent search product AmberScope, which applies a series of tools to help search the citation network in what can be a very intuitive manner. Many users find AmberScope to a revolutionary new way of patent searching, unlike anything else they have ever used before. Some users have taken to AmberScope straight away,…
PatSeer announces industry-first US Expiry Date enhancements and new search field for US Application Types
PatSeer is pleased to announce new and exciting content enhancements to US patent collections which are unique and extremely valuable for your Portfolio analysis/FTO and Infringement studies. US Record type and Term Extension/Disclaimer Information Added – Every US record is now tagged as Continuation/CIP/Divisional/Additional/Reissue and more, based on its Application type and this is searchable using a new search field TTYP.…
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.