Users should disseminate press release-type information and simple announcements as blog posts (formerly called news items) rather than as topics in PIUG-DF. Comments are still possible and encouraged for blog posts. Since the PIUG-DF is a "discussion forum," we advise users to post on PIUG-DF when they are sharing learnings and/or specifically hoping to generate discussion, comments, or feedback.
Blog posts are created and edited similarly to any other pages (see the Editing Page Content Quick Reference Guide), but Blog posts are treated differently by the wiki application. Use the "Add Blog Post" link in the left-side navigation bar. Individual wiki users might want to create personal blogs in their personal spaces, as described in the Sandbox Blog Testing Page. The rest of us will use this function to access global PIUG Blog posts.
The PIUG Blog function provides items that are accessible three ways:
- On the PIUG Blog Archives page
- Via the Recent PIUG Blog Posts link in the left-side navigation bar
- Using the calendar on the PIUG space home page.
To receive an email notification of all new PIUG Blog posts, do one of the following:
- Watch the whole PIUG Space via the "Watch this Space" link under the Settings in the top blue menu item.
- Use the "Watch this Page" icon in the upper-right corner of the PIUG Blog Archives page.
- "Subscribe to daily updates" is the default for new users and sets them up to receive an email message that contains a summary of all changes made in the past 24 hours to spaces the user can see (available from the user's profile at http://wiki.piug.org/users/editemailpreferences.action).
- Set up an RSS feed via the link under the View menu item...Other pages...RSS Feed Builder.