Welcome to the PIUG space in the PIUG wiki, where patent information users meet.
- Signup for the PIUG wiki to contribute and collaborate.
- Join PIUG to take advantage of member benefits.
- Use the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF) to discuss developments in patent information.
- Post on the PIUG blog to share press release-type information and simple announcements or news items.
- Use forums: Job Postings, Situations Wanted, Ask PIUG Leadership, Electronic Communications Committee, and Wiki Administration.
- Contribute to and learn from knowledge, patent resource, and patent information meetings, conferences, and seminars pages and other community pages throughout the PIUG wiki.
- Maintain your user information, upload photo and update user profile.
- Join PIUG committees, task forces, working groups and teams.
- Watch the whole PIUG Space via the Eye "Watch this Space" icon on the PIUG Space page above after login to receive full-content email notifications for all new PIUG-DF topics and comments as well as new and edited blog posts, other informative wiki pages and comments on them. All users receive summary "Daily Updates" with links to all new and edited content by default, although this is a setting users may change.
By signing up for the PIUG wiki, you agree to follow standard professional practices when you participate on the PIUG wiki as you would in any other aspect of your practice as a member of the global patent community. This includes taking actions consistent with the Guidelines for Commercial Participation, the PIUG Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice, the PIUG Antitrust Policy, and the Use of PIUG Name and Logo Policy.
Do not use the PIUG wiki to post insulting, profane, pejorative, derogatory, defamatory, abusive or unprofessional content. Violation will result in removal of the offensive content and your username being disabled.
Table of Contents
Recent PIUG Blog Posts New Blog Post
Non-US IP litigation databases--DARTS-IP?
Aug 19, 2016
Register to Attend an STN Patent Forum at the PIUG 2016 Northeast Conference
Aug 18, 2016
Save the dates for the PIUG Annual Meetings in 2018 and 2019
Aug 15, 2016
Ray Niro's passing
Aug 11, 2016
STN e-Seminars in August
Aug 11, 2016
Message from the Chair August 2016
Aug 07, 2016
Semantic vs Cluster Searching
Aug 04, 2016
PIUG 2016 Northeast Conference - Preliminary Program Available
Aug 03, 2016
PIUG 2016 Northeast Conference - Early Bird Registration Open
Aug 03, 2016
Invalidation searching - case study using Cluster Searching
Jul 28, 2016
Non-conventional Patent Families for Chinese Dual Filings in INPADOC on STN
Jul 27, 2016
II-SDV 2017 in Nice - The International Information Conference on Search, Data Mining and Visualization will go on in Nice // Call for Paper
Jul 26, 2016
The PIUG wiki upgrade to Confluence 5.10 is complete
Jul 25, 2016
5 Indicators to Predict Patent Litigation Outcomes
Jul 22, 2016
PIUG wiki upgrade pending -- the current wiki will be in read-only mode from Friday, July 22 through the weekend
Jul 21, 2016
Recent PIUG-DF Posts
PIUG Wiki Access and Member Benefits
View-only access to the public PIUG wiki space is available to all without registration or login.
Register and login to contribute to the PIUG wiki
- Post topics, replies and comments
- Add and edit pages
- Add and edit news items
- Watch pages to get email messages providing new or changed content
- Create RSS feeds
- Create personal favorites
- Access functions available to PIUG members (described below)
Registration to the PIUG wiki is available to all individuals worldwide.
Some content and functions are reserved for current PIUG members.
Are you recognized as a PIUG member? Yes if you can view the PIUG Members-Only Resources page.
Granting access to the members-only content of the PIUG wiki is a manual process. Contact the PIUG Wikimaster (wikimaster @ piug.org) if you have paid current PIUG membership fees and still need access to PIUG Members-Only Resources. Members may view and update their PIUG Member Profile via the PIUG Member Benefits page.
PIUG Member Benefits include these PIUG wiki operations:
- Access members-only content including proceedings for the PIUG Annual (May), PIUG Boston Biotech (February), and PIUG Northeast (October) Conferences and PIUG salary surveys.
- Use generic PIUG wiki login usernames for posting on the PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF): passwords, details and guidelines are available on a members-only page.
- Create a Personal Space.
- Edit access to training pages.
- Add and edit space bookmarks.
- Attach documents to wiki pages.
Other PIUG Member Benefits are listed below:
- Reduced registration fees for PIUG conferences: PIUG Annual Conference (May), PIUG Boston Biotech Conference (February) and PIUG Northeast Conference (October). The savings by attending these events more than pays for your annual membership fee!
- Reduced subscription rates such as for World Patent Information and Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst journals.
- PIUG Membership Directory (members-only on the PIUG website).
- PIUG Newsletter and Newsletter Archive Access. (The cover page of the most recent issue is available to all.)
- Other survey data related to patent information, e.g. patent analytic practices.
- Access to the PIUG LinkedIn group.
- Ongoing professional training made available at PIUG conferences and sponsored workshops.
Use of PIUG Name and Logo
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Understand the PIUG - Internet Disclaimer & Copyright Notice before using the PIUG Website and Wiki.
Guidelines for Commercial Participation
Commercial vendors and participants should follow the Guidelines for Commercial Participation in the wiki, news section, and discussion forums.
PIUG Antitrust Policy
Patent Information Users Group Incorporated (PIUG) is a non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to improve the business conditions for, maintain and improve the qualifications of, and promote a common business interest for patent information professionals. PIUG maintains a strong policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit unlawful combinations or agreements with competitors that are likely to injure competition. PIUG seeks to avoid even the appearance of impropriety as it relates to antitrust laws. In all PIUG activities, all members, including officers and directors, shall adhere to federal and state antitrust laws.