Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
- Delivers IP landscapes on projects or competitors as needed
- Delivers IP risk assessments on projects as needed
- Routinely searches for and analyzes patents and patent applications for specific projects and competitors
- Routinely monitors prosecution of select references to assist IP counsel.
- Active member of business program IP teams and assists IP counsel on relevant team tasks. These teams review incoming invention disclosures, patent alerts, filing strategies, and conduct IP brainstorming sessions.
- Participates in business and/or development teams to provide basic IP perspective/information and assists in developing, executing, and updating business unit IP Strategy Plans to ensure alignment with overall business strategy.
- Takes an active role in supporting, coordinating and tracking implementation of the IP Strategy Plan.
- Supports competitive intelligence monitoring and analysis consistent with the IP Strategy Plan of the business. For example, under direction from IP Counsel, liaises between business unit and IP Department to facilitate gathering of appropriate information and business/technical expertise for clearance and pre-litigation investigations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Collect relevant new patent publications in the Gorilla® Glass field and distribute to selected SME’s for initial review and input
- Conduct patent searches for ongoing project landscapes, project risk assessments, and competitor landscapes. Includes analysis, compiling reports and presentations.
- The IAA will interact with various Businesses, technology groups, and new product development teams, as well as the Patent Department, to develop the areas of focus for IP analysis. This includes keeping track of technology trends, product and technology roadmaps, and the competitive environment, in order to identify new areas for analysis.
- The IAA will coordinate project IP reviews, including coordination of technical and legal project responsibilities.
- The IAA will interact heavily with the Patent Department attorneys for project reviews, IP landscaping, etc.
- The IAA will assist in implementing the IP strategy.
- The IAA will participate on the IP team, resolving issues and action items identified in ID and patent portfolio reviews.
- Liaises between project teams and/or the IP Department as appropriate and requested by IP counsel.
- Coordinates with IP counsel in the identification and tracking of patents believed to be critical to business success in accordance with the IP Strategy Plan of the business/research unit.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to take responsibility for driving implementation, tracking, and completion of appropriate and/or assigned strategies and objectives in the IP Strategy Plan for assigned business/research unit(s).
- BS or equivalent. Advanced technical degree would be an advantage.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5+ years in technology/ engineering environment
- Works and thinks independently
- Demonstrated technical skills, including ability to understand new technology quickly
- Experience with the technical community
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to seek out information, research skills
- Ability to develop and use processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Time management skills
- Flexible to changing business conditions
- Experiences with using and creating databases
- Experience with Thomson Innovation
- Experience with Coming Invention Disclosure and Patent Processes
- Ability to gather various pieces of information and create logical direction for action
Soft Skills: (Communication/Team/Leadership)
- Inquisitive Nature
- Cross functional integration and coordination
- Good communication skills, oral and written
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT Reggie Arjungi AT: ArjungiR@corning.com