The Patent Information Users Group Northeast Conference Program Committee is pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the PIUG 2018 NE Conference to be held on Tuesday, October 9 at the APA Hotel Woodbridge in Iselin, NJ. This years theme is: Leveraging Advanced Information, Analysis & Intelligence.
We are interested in papers from ALL sectors of the patent information community on patent searching and analysis topics related to the following:
- ADVANCED patent search & analysis strategies supporting state of the art, freedom to operate, licensing, acquisition & divestiture activities, patent/competitive intelligence landscapes & others.
- Reporting formats and client engagement.
- Examples of use cases in electronics, mechanical, pharmaceutical (chemistry & biotech), software & other sectors.
- Examples of the changing patent law environment and recent patent case law
- Approaches to fostering continuous improvement, i.e., use of a variety of search systems/tools, analytical &/or visualization applications, team collaboration and knowledge sharing practices.
General Guidelines for submitting proposal/topic/ideas:
- Send your paper title, abstract (max. 200 words), speaker names, affiliation, brief biography and full contact information. Note: presentations are typically 30-45 min., followed by 5 min. Q&A.
- Do not include confidential or business-sensitive information in your abstract.
- If you would like to recommend a speaker or a topic for a presentation please contact the PIUG 2018 NE Conference organizers, listed below, with your comments and suggestions.
- Further news about the program and updates regarding the conference will be posted on the PIUG web site at www.piug.org and PIUG Discussion Forum/Blog.
Please email an abstract with your idea(s) to Shelley Pavlek (email@example.com).
Deadline is June 15, 2018.
Please share this notice within your greater patent information community to enhance our outreach efforts. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to seeing you at the PIUG 2018 NE Conference!
PIUG 2018 NE Conference Program Committee
Shelley Pavlek (Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Marlin (ExxonMobil, email@example.com)
Yateen Pargaonkar (RiserIP; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Leah Sandvoss (Pfizer; email@example.com)
Donald Walter (CAS; firstname.lastname@example.org)