We are thrilled to announce that the second annual Patent Olympiad will take place October 27-29 in Bucharest, Romania. The competition is right before the EPO's Patent Information conference, at the same location, so one could combine the two events for outstanding networking, learning and competing!
Registration to the Patent Olympiad includes:
- an optional (but fun!) meet and greet event on October 27 with a bit of sightseeing
- one entry in the competition proper (the Exam) on October 28
- admission to the awards presentation for Patent Olympiad on October 29, to be held during EPOPIC 2019 (details TBD)
You'll have a chance to meet your fellow research enthusiasts from around the world and share your love of patent research. Then you'll get to pit your skills against your peers in a tough but lighthearted competition for patent research glory.
Last year, the competition brought together 21 participants from 10 different countries and we had a blast together.
The Patent Olympiad will be arranged in a three-part format.
- Invalidity search – you’ll have to find prior art for a given fictional patent
- Prior art search – you’ve got to craft a search strategy
- Multiple choice - patent-related questions.
All of these challenges have been devised by our fiendish Quizmasters (Catherine Chiba , Linus Wretblad , Dr Nigel S. Clarke , Guido Moradei and Andrea Davis ) who have been dragooned from all corners of the world to give you a hard time :)