Update [07 AUG 2009]: This position has been filled.
Posting will be retained for archive.
This position, which I posted last November, has just become available again.
Apply on-line at the Novartis Careers web site (search engine: http://tinyurl.com/4pq8rb); search on the Job ID number given below. You may contact me for further details. (Please note - I am not the hiring manager.)
Sr. Scientific Information Specialist
Novartis Knowledge Center, East Hanover, NJ
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Sciences, Inc. (NIBRI), Cambridge, MA, USA
Knowledge Analyst (Job ID 50743BR) - Full-time/permanent
The Novartis Knowledge Center (NKC) supports the Global Novartis User Community's business processes by identifying, acquiring, and providing fast and easy access to high-value external Scientific, Technical, Medical (STM) and Business News Information resources. We are currently looking for a Knowledge Analyst at our research headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Your opportunities and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establish solid relationships between NKC and key scientific user groups to determine needs
- Organize customer information enabling programs focused on scientific information
- Lead independent knowledge and information projects and services requiring the application of advanced information management skills
- Provide leadership in solving specific project/technical problems and initiate development of new information products and services in chemistry, biology or medical disciplines
- Represent department at internal and external meetings
- Monitor quality of NKC Products & Services and ensure a high standard of value-added services
- Evaluate and recommend new information resources, platforms and search tools
- Communicate knowledge policies associated with external content, e.g. copyright compliance
- Support scientific information retrieval & provide first line support for NKC resources with expert searches from a staffed Information Desk
- Leverage the resources available from MIT Libraries
- Maintain professional knowledge of information and e-library science and subject discipline by attending professional information management meetings and conferences
BS/BA in Chemistry or Biomedical Science; MLS or equivalent experience required, higher scientific education in chemistry/Biology/Medicine preferred. At least 5 years of experience in R&D Information Management. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required. Strong knowledge about publicly accessible and commercially available scientific and business related databases. Previous experience with literature and internet searching, visualization/interpretation and knowledge in patent and/or market and business analysis would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, please go to www.novartis.com and search for Job ID 50743BR. Please note that you need to look under language=English (U.S.).
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds. M/F/D/V