Landon IP is a leading global provider of research, translation, and legal support services throughout the intellectual property lifecycle. The company has met critical needs of the IP legal and business communities since 1949. Landon IP’s services include patent and trademark research and analysis; patent, legal and technical translations; and in-depth technical analysis. The company is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia with additional offices in Tokyo, Japan; London, England; Shanghai, China; and Southfield, Michigan. More information about Landon IP can be found at www.landon-ip.com.
Landon IP provides a casual and relaxed work environment focused on delighting our customers and continuously exceeding their expectations. A hands-on training program focuses on developing knowledge and skills while allowing new employees to immediately produce results. The company prides itself on communication with employees, assisting employees in development of their knowledge and skills, andhelping employees identify and create opportunities for growth within the company.
**We are looking for full time employees to work in our Alexandria, VA and Southfield, MI offices.**
• Strategically perform searches relating to patentability (novelty), validity, freedom-to-operate and infringement.
• Communicate effectively with customers in determining the scope of searches and draft informative reports that clarify and summarize search results
• Maintain proficiency with commercial patent databases and other proprietary databases that disclose technical publications.
• Conduct long-term patent landscape studies to identify trends in a technology field, deliver competitive intelligence and identify potential research and licensing opportunities
• Perform Evidence-Of-Use studies by analyzing products currently used in the market that may be infringing on a patent of interest.
• Perform qualitative analysis of patents and patent portfolios from a legal, technical and business perspective
• Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred, though not required
• In-depth knowledge of technical literature in the area of subject matter expertise
• Highly skilled developing a search methodology and in conducting searches
• Strong time management skills and dependable in completing quality projects against deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Bachelors Degree and experience in one of the following areas:
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING: Semiconductor structure and manufacture, solid state memory, nanotechnology devices and fabrication, electrical circuits and components.
ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATIONS: (Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering) Cellular, mobile and wireless communications; networking; CDMA, OFDM, digital communications; computer engineering degree preferred; OR Video/audio encoding, image compression technologies, signal transmission and processing, routing, switching, path-finding, telematics.
COMPUTING: (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) Cryptography including encryption, algorithms, hash functions, watermarking; Software including computer programming, compilers, firmware, video games, operating system, servers; Databases/File Management including indexing, memory allocation, file management applications, knowledge based systems, object database (OQL), OR Hardware including chips, graphics and media cards, memory (RAM/ROM), drives, I/O devices, buses; Computer Architecture including blocks, registers, flip-flops, MUX, DEMUX, clocks, logic implementation; Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) including graphics, interface design, software/hardware communication
MEDICAL DEVICES: Surgery, prostheses, bio-electrical devices (MRI, ultrasound, etc.).
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: Static structures, turbine and internal combustion; Vehicle systems; Petroleum – drilling and platforms, Green technologies including windmills, erosion control, rain routing, and waste management systems; Industrial manufacturing systems Complex thermal-fluid systems, complex thermodynamics and refrigeration systems; Complex fluid mechanics, and turbo-machinery; Complex HVAC systems
CHEMISTRY/MATERIALS: Polymer, Inorganic, Organic and medicinal formulation processing and synthesis; mining, petroleum refining and synthesis; food sciences; materials processing and manufacturing methods including processing – property relationships; coatings; nanotechnology; powder processing; medical implants and devices.
BIOLOGY/BIOTECHNOLOGY: DNA primers, viral replication assays, preservation of samples, PCR methods and expression vectors; targeted therapeutics.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your patent searching experience, areas of technical expertise and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the position title in your email subject line.