To Apply, please click on this link:
Provides key patent and scientific literature information to Research and key business partner departments to guide the company through strategic decisions. Provides Copyright regulation guidance to Research and key business partner departments. Proactively provides information alerts with context, synopsis and analysis of real-time events that impact strategic decision making. Implements processes for providing effective and efficient delivery of information products and services to business partners while seamlessly coordinating with Research scientists.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies customer information needs, addresses future needs and provides relevant patent and scientific literature based information to the organization in the form of data identification and technical analysis.
- Provide prior art searches, patentability searches and freedom to operate (FTO) patent searches with emphasis on small molecule/chemical structure searching.
- Set up scientific literature and patent watches and scientific literature and patent monitoring activities, and maintain access to searching databases.
- Partner with members of Global Patent Information Services and Scientific Knowledge Discovery (SKD) to provide scientific literature and patent data analysis (with emphasis on small molecule/chemical structures) and mining.
- Collaborate with business partners in the Therapeutic Areas to provide robust FTO groupings in all phases of research and clinical development.
- Utilize informatics approaches and machine coding understanding to locate, parse, store and distribute data per customer/business needs.
- Provide guidance on Copyright regulations to R&D and key business partners
- Communicate concise results and analysis of results, and provide useful solutions to information based needs
- Masters degree (e.g. MBA, MSc) from an accredited institution in the area of Biology, Biochemistry, and/or Biopharmaceuticals or related scientific discipline is required. Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD) from an accredited institution preferred.
- At least three to five (3-5) years of experience in chemical structure/Markush structure searching including STN retrieval language, with advanced retrieval commands and extended analytical techniques.
- At least three to five (3-5) years of experience in small molecule patent /chemical structure biotechnology searching and the ability to conceptualize business partner needs.
- Working understanding of worldwide patent classifications.
- Experience in sequence retrieval in online databases and in performing and analyzing sequence homology searches.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas, conceptualized approaches, as well as key results and findings, in a way that clearly relays information/knowledge in a concise format
- Scientific information research and data management skills are required to provide/ensure continued access to technical, patent and scientific literature in an efficient and targeted manner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.