This forum and the PIUG Blog on the PIUG wiki are now closed.
They have been replaced by the PIUG Public Discussion Forum (PIUG-PF) on the PIUG website. The PIUG-PF is for discussion items and blog-type information.
The following content is for archival purposes only.
This principal PIUG Discussion Forum (PIUG-DF) is was for matters of general interest to the patent information users community.
- Use the PIUG-DF for collaborating and sharing knowledge about developments in patent information from patent information users, patent offices, and patent information vendors. This is the place to ask questions of interest to the community. Suitable topics for discussion include how to find information or resources, indexing and searching techniques, new databases and systems (online or in-house), and developments in existing databases.
- Blog posts are are an alternative for posting announcements, press releases, or other timely information or issues not intended to generate responses or comments. See the PIUG Blog Archives. Add a new Blog Post in the PIUG Space.
- Users must be signed up to the PIUG wiki and logged in to add topics or comments. All users may view content except a few specifically restricted pages.
- Contribute topics on Job Postings, Situations Wanted, questions to the PIUG Leadership, questions to the Electronic Communications Committee, and Wiki Administration issues to the forums specifically established for those topics.
- Watch the whole PIUG Space via the "Watch this Space" icon on the PIUG Space page above after login to receive full-content email notifications for all new PIUG-DF topics and comments as well as new and edited blog posts, other informative wiki pages and comments on them. All users receive summary "Daily Updates" with links to all new and edited content by default, although this is a setting users may change.